How to Create a LinkedIn Company Page
A LinkedIn Company Page helps others learn more about your business, brand, products and services, and job opportunities.
Note: You must first create a LinkedIn profile with your real first and last name before you can complete the below steps to create a Company Page.
How to Create a LinkedIn Company Page
- Click the Work icon in the top right corner of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click Create a Company Page.
- Enter your Company Name and choose a URL. All Company Page URLs will structured as linkedin.com/company/[YOUR COMPANY NAME].
- While the name of your Company Page doesn’t need to be unique, the public URL for your page cannot be the same as one that exists on LinkedIn. LinkedIn members and search engines will use this unique URL to find your page.
- Please review the Company Page URL requirements below.
- Check the verification box to confirm you have the right to act on behalf of that company in the creation of the page.
- Click the Create page button.
- If you don’t have a confirmed email address associated with your LinkedIn account, you’ll be prompted to add and verify your email address.
- Click Get started on the welcome screen to begin editing your Company Page.
- A red error message may appear if you have problems adding a Company Page.
Your Company Page URL:
- Must contain at least one non-numeric character.
- Can be a lowercase alphabet, numeric, hyphen, or Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) Unicode.
- Must not include more than one consecutive hyphen (i.e. company–name) and can’t have a hyphen at the beginning or end (i.e. -company-name or company-name-).
Any improper characters will be automatically replaced with a hyphen.
How to Publish Your LinkedIn Company Page
To publish your Company Page you must include a company description (250-2000 characters including spaces) and company website URL. Keep in mind that a preview of your Company Page is not available. When you publish the page, it is live on LinkedIn’s website.
Once you’ve created a Company Page, I recommend you inform all of your organisation’s employees to add the Company Page correctly in their experience section on their profiles.
In terms of ongoing management of the page, you should also add additional admins to the page, in case an admin loses access to the page or leaves the company in the future. LinkedIn will not provide Company Page admin information to members or replace or remove admins.
Company Page Training Resources
Our popular online course, LinkedIn Profile & Company Page Essentials, shows you how to update your LinkedIn Profile and create a Company Page. This is a self paced course you can access anytime and anywhere. I’ve written 100s of LinkedIn Profiles and trained 1000s of Australian professionals on how to transform their presence on LinkedIn with my best practice and unique approach to leveraging LinkedIn for business and career.
This course is available for 12 months once you register and gives you access to my 1:1 insights via video tutorials, downloadable guides and step by step instructions. Learn more here.
For a Comprehensive Guide on LinkedIn Company pages visit LinkedIn’s help page here.
Reference: LinkedIn Help
Thank you for reading Think Bespoke’s insights. As one of Australia’s leading independent LinkedIn specialists and a Content Marketer who understands the value and importance of sharing your story, I enjoy helping individuals and organisations maximise their time online with LinkedIn. Find out more about Think Bespoke’s LinkedIn Services. You can sign up to my newsletter here where you will receive a complimentary download of Think Bespoke’s LinkedIn Profile Checklist to help you update your LinkedIn Profile.