Did you know LinkedIn offers an ‘Open to Work’ equivalent for businesses? If you are a business owner providing services that are relevant to your LinkedIn community I encourage you to take the time to showcase these via the feature now available on your LinkedIn Profile.
Here’s what it looks like and how I’ve set it up on my LinkedIn Profile.
When I click on the second blue pen on the RH bottom side of this section of my profile, here are the options to showcase my business services.
Premium members who have enabled the open profile setting can be messaged for free when members want to inquire about business details.
How to enable and manage Open for Business from your LinkedIn Profile
To enable Open for Business:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click View profile.
- Click Add services from the Showcase services section in your introduction card.
- Follow the prompts in the pop-up window that appears.
- Click Add to profile.
- I’ve noticed some people have this feature and some don’t. LinkedIn advises they’ll be making the experience more widely available soon.
- Open for Business is a free feature and unrelated to LinkedIn ProFinder.
- The information you provide will be visible to other LinkedIn members or to the public, depending on your public profile visibility settings. Your profile photo will be visible to all LinkedIn members when you share your Open To status as a post, regardless of your profile visibility settings.
How does this feature work and help you get business on LinkedIn?
In my own experience, I’ve had 10-15 enquiries via LinkedIn messaging from LinkedIn members who are not first degree connections over the last 2-3 months as a direct result of adding my business services. Unfortunately it is not being offered to everyone.
As one of Asia Pacific’s Top 10 LinkedIn Experts I share fortnightly news with my global email community and run monthly online Lunch and Learns to teach professionals how to unlock LinkedIn. Sign up to my newsletter to help you learn LinkedIn – the right way!