If you have a free LinkedIn Membership and you have set your profile viewing options to display your name and headline when viewing profiles, you’ll see the 5 most recent viewers in the last 90 days, as well as a list of suggestions for increasing your profile views. The list displays viewer insights such as where your profile viewers work, where they found you from and their job titles.
If you have a premium account and you have set your profile viewing options to display your name and headline when viewing profiles, you can see everyone who’s viewed your profile recently. If LinkedIn members choose to be anonymous when they view your profile, you can not identify them (LinkedIn reports around 60% of members choose this option).
Here’s a short video on how to make sure your profile viewing options are set so you can see who’s looking at your profile, and others will see you looking at them too!
Actions You Can Take with People Who’ve Viewed Your LinkedIn Profile
You can take the following actions with members who have viewed your profile, from the Who’s Viewed Your Profile page:
- If the viewer is a 1st-degree connection, you can click on their profile picture to navigate to their profile, and then click Message to send them a message.
- If the viewer is a 2nd or 3rd degree connection, you can click Connect to send them an invitation to connect. You can also click their photo to see their profile.
- If the viewer is a 3rd-degree connection, you can send the member an InMail. Note: If the member has chosen to opt out of receiving InMails, then you still have the option to click Connect.
- If you only see semi-private information such as their job title or industry, you can click the information shown, which will re-direct you to a Search link. This will run a search based on that information for LinkedIn members who share that information.
- If the member is browsing in private mode, you can’t take any action. Learn more about Who’s Viewed Your Profile privacy settings.
Image by Quentin Lagache
As one of Asia Pacific’s Top 10 LinkedIn Experts I share fortnightly news with my global email community and run monthly online Lunch and Learns to teach professionals how to unlock LinkedIn. Sign up to my newsletter to help you learn LinkedIn – the right way!