This feature appears to be available once more!
In June there was briefly some great news for LinkedIn Company Page Admins with the new feature that allowed you to invite connections to follow your LinkedIn company page so you could grow your follower base. Those admins who responded quickly enjoyed an increase in Company followers. However, within 2 weeks of the feature appearing, it was removed by LinkedIn! In November and December we’ve heard reports of it being available once more!
What this new feature offers
You can directly invite your connections from your LinkedIn network, which I’ve successfully done for a number of clients. Important to note, at the time of writing this article, this new feature to invite connections to your LinkedIn company page seems to be conditional upon being the Admin of only one company page. If you manage the LinkedIn company page for clients I recommend a few workarounds for this which you can contact me to discuss further!
Step by Step Instructions to Invite Your Connections to Follow Your Company Page
For those of you who are the admin of your LinkedIn Company Page, these are the steps you need to follow.
2. Click Admin tools and select Invite connections from the dropdown.
3. Select the correct members.
Now here’s the interesting thing about this step. When my client tried to invite ALL of his connections in one go, he received an error message.
4. Click Invite connections.
When I had a go, I had more luck. I tried inviting 7 connections and it went through. I then raised it to 77 and was rejected. I then tried 12, 18, 30, 40, 42 and 55 and these were all accepted. It felt like a game of Poker, raising my bet with each new hand. A VERY exciting new feature indeed!
What LinkedIn Advised About the Following New Invite Connections to Follow Your Company Page
- Page admins with less than 500 connections will see a Select all option.
- Pages with less than 100,000 followers can invite members to follow via the Grow your page audience module on the right rail. Note – the module won’t display if an admin has closed it or there are less than 3 connections left to invite.
- Only one invite per member can be sent.
- Members can opt out of receiving Page invitations through their Network settings.
While it’s frustrating this feature came and then went, and is back again for just some company page admins, it demonstrates the importance of taking advantage of new features when they are around! What was your experience with this feature? Did you get access to it?
As one of Asia Pacific’s Top 10 LinkedIn Experts I share fortnightly news with my global email community and run monthly online Lunch and Learns to teach professionals how to unlock LinkedIn. Sign up to my newsletter to help you learn LinkedIn – the right way!