Get in touch with us

Let’s connect

Get in Touch

How to Invite Connections to Follow Your LinkedIn Company Page

by LinkedIn Company Page

Inviting your connections to follow your LinkedIn Company Page is a great way to increase your followers. At the time of writing this update, LinkedIn is allowing you to invite 100 connections per month to follow your LinkedIn company page. You must be an Admin of your LinkedIn Company Page to access this feature.

Step by Step Instructions to Invite Your Connections to Follow Your Company Page

For those of you who are the admin of your LinkedIn Company Page, these are the steps you need to follow.

• Access your Admin View from the desktop version of LinkedIn and click the Admin tools dropdown at the top of the Page.
  • Select Invite connection from the RH side of the page (see image below).

• Select connections to invite to follow your Page.

Connections who’ve been successfully invited or those who are already following your Page will be automatically filtered out.

• Click Invite connections. Your connections will receive an invitation notification. If an error appears, you may have reached your invitation limit.

LinkedIn’s Help Notes Inviting Connections to Follow Your Company Page

• Pages with less than 100,000 followers can invite members to follow via the Invite Connections To Follow module on the right side on your Page.
  • The module won’t display if an Admin has closed it or there are less than three connections left to invite.
  • We recommend that you only send Page invitations to connections who are likely to be interested in your Page.
  • Members can opt out of receiving any Page invitations through their Network settings.
Karen Hollenbach

Karen Hollenbach

As one of Asia Pacific’s Top 10 LinkedIn Experts I share fortnightly news with my global email community and run monthly online Lunch and Learns to teach professionals how to unlock LinkedIn. Sign up to my newsletter to help you learn LinkedIn – the right way!

12 Comments

1. Klemens

Hi,
    I cannot see the “Invite connections” item as an admin of the page. Any idea why? The page has 14 followers currently. Same thing on another page with around 100 followers.

• Karen Hollenbach

Yes – it does not appear to be available to everyone yet. I have heard from a few people in Australia that they’ve had the same experience you describe. We shall wait!

2. Di

Hi there Karen, just a quick one, will it use up inMail?

• Karen Hollenbach

Hi Di – no, it’s not related to your InMail credits as InMail lets you reach people who are not connections and the invite connections to follow your company page feature is related to people you are already connected to. Thanks, Karen

3. Nienke

Hi Karen, last week I did have this new feature (and used it for some of my connections) but for some reason the feature now is no longer available. Has it been disabled?

• Karen Hollenbach

Nienke this feature is available again. It did get with drawn, but it’s back!

4. Dyanne Montenegro

Hi Karen,

I manage both of our company directors’ LinkedIn accounts (they both have 1,000+ connections) as well as the company page. I recently used this tool to invite connections to follow our page using the directors’ accounts (inviting up to 50 people per day). But just last week, the option/tool to do that has now been restricted, meaning, it’s no longer there. However, I wasn’t able to receive an error message or any notifications regarding the issue. Would you happen to know why? I’ve looked all over LinkedIn Help Center but couldn’t find any information about it. Many thanks.

• Karen Hollenbach

Hi Dyanne,

This feature seems to come and go in terms of availability, which is very frustrating. I recommend you keep checking if you have the option to invite connections and even consider adding other staff members as admins and see if they get access (assuming you want to invite their connections).

Thanks,
      Karen

5. Cuenta

The feature came back…and then was gone again. Is has not been available for the past 2 weeks. LinkedIn support says that it’s an error and they are working on fixing it. I’m amazed at how a company of this size can be so sloppy.

• Karen Hollenbach

Yes – it is very frustrating!

6. John

Hi Karen,
    As administrator for my company account, when will it be possible to ‘invite connections’ as opposed to inviting connections to follow?
    Really frustrating!

• Karen Hollenbach

Thanks for your question John. Yes – I think LinkedIn’s regulating this very heavily right now. You can invite 100 per month at the moment.

Submit a Comment