How to Invite Connections to Follow Your LinkedIn Company Page
There’s been some great news for LinkedIn Company Page Admins with the new feature that allows you to invite connections to follow your LinkedIn company page so you can grow your follower base.
You can directly invite your connections from your LinkedIn network, which I’ve successfully done for a number of clients. Important to note, at the time of writing this article, this new feature to invite connections to your LinkedIn company page seems to be conditional upon being the Admin of only one company page. If you manage the LinkedIn company page for clients I recommend a few workarounds for this which you can contact me to discuss further!
Step by Step Instructions to Invite Your Connections to Follow Your Company Page
For those of you who are the admin of your LinkedIn Company Page, these are the steps you need to follow.
2. Click Admin tools and select Invite connections from the dropdown.
3. Select the correct members.
Now here’s the interesting thing about this step. When my client tried to invite ALL of his connections in one go, he received this error message.
4. Click Invite connections.
When I had a go, I had more luck. I tried inviting 7 connections and it went through. I then raised it to 77 and was rejected. I then tried 12, 18, 30, 40, 42 and 55 and these were all accepted. It felt like a game of Poker, raising my bet with each new hand. A VERY exciting new feature indeed!
LinkedIn Help Currently Advises the Following About the New Invite Connections to Follow Your Company Page
- Page admins with less than 500 connections will see a Select all option.
- Pages with less than 100,000 followers can invite members to follow via the Grow your page audience module on the right rail. Note – the module won’t display if an admin has closed it or there are less than 3 connections left to invite.
- Only one invite per member can be sent.
- Members can opt out of receiving Page invitations through their Network settings.
Thank you for reading Think Bespoke’s insights. As one of Australia’s leading independent LinkedIn specialists and a Content Marketer who understands the value and importance of sharing your story, I enjoy helping individuals and organisations maximise their time online with LinkedIn. Find out more about Think Bespoke’s LinkedIn Services. You can sign up to my newsletter here where you will receive a complimentary download of Think Bespoke’s LinkedIn Profile Checklist to help you update your LinkedIn Profile.