A Beginner’s Guide: How to Create a LinkedIn Company Page for Your Organisation
What is a LinkedIn Company Page?
A LinkedIn Company Page is a complimentary feature provided by LinkedIn and helps others learn more about your organisation, business, brand, products, services, and job opportunities.
There are some important requirements you must meet before creating a LinkedIn Company Page, which include the creation of a LinkedIn profile with your real first and last name and a minimum number of connections.
Page creation is currently available on desktop only, but you can now post updates as an admin from mobile devices.
How to Create a LinkedIn Company Page
To create a LinkedIn Page:
- Click the Work icon in the top right corner of your LinkedIn homepage.
2. Click Create a Company Page. You’ll also select this option to create a Page for a school.
3. Select the page type you’d like to create from the following options:
- Small business
- Medium to large business
- Showcase page
- Educational institution (high school or university/college)
3.Enter your Page identity, Company or Institution details, and Profile details information.
4. Check the verification box to confirm you have the right to act on behalf of that company or school in the creation of the page.
5. Click Create page.
- If you don’t have a confirmed email address associated with your LinkedIn account, you’ll be prompted to add and verify your email address.
- A red error message may appear if your LinkedIn account has recently been created or you don’t have enough connections.
Important Factors to Note with the Creation of Your LinkedIn Company Page
- Required fields are indicated by an asterisk.
- All Page URLs will be structured as linkedin.com/company/[YOUR COMPANY NAME].
- The public URL for your Page:
- Cannot already be in use for another LinkedIn Page. LinkedIn members and search engines will use this unique URL to find your Page.
- Must contain at least one non-numeric character.
- Can use lowercase alphabet, numeric, hyphen, or Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) Unicode characters.
- Must not include more than one consecutive hyphen (i.e. company–name) and can’t have a hyphen at the beginning or end (i.e. -company-name or company-name-).
- Any improper characters will be automatically replaced by LinkedIn with a hyphen.
After creating your Page, you can enter further details to build your brand by clicking Start building your page! You’ll be prompted to provide a logo image, description, location details, tagline, specialties, hashtags, year founded, industry and more.
Increase Your Organisation’s LinkedIn Presence
Once you’ve created a Company Page, I recommend you inform all of your organisation’s employees to add the Company Page correctly in their experience section on their profiles. To learn how to add or remove admins from your LinkedIn company page, please read this article.
In terms of ongoing management of the page, you should also add additional admins to the page, in case an admin loses access to the page or leaves the company in the future. LinkedIn will not provide Company Page admin information to members or replace or remove admins.
If you’d like to book a 1:1 training session to help you learn how to manage your organisation’s LinkedIn Company Page, contact us today.
Source: LinkedIn Help
Thank you for reading Think Bespoke’s insights. As one of Australia’s leading independent LinkedIn specialists and a Content Marketer who understands the value and importance of sharing your story, I enjoy helping individuals and organisations maximise their time online with LinkedIn. Find out more about Think Bespoke’s LinkedIn Services. You can sign up to my newsletter here where you will receive a complimentary download of Think Bespoke’s LinkedIn Profile Checklist to help you update your LinkedIn Profile.