How to Add or Remove Administrators from your Organisation’s LinkedIn Company Page
I’m spending more and more time these days training professionals who’ve been allocated the task of managing their organisation’s LinkedIn company page. In some cases, these individuals have some knowledge of managing their organisation’s online presence, and in other cases, this is the person’s first experience with the responsibility of being the LinkedIn Company Page admin.
This article is part of our LinkedIn Company Page Admin’s guide to managing LinkedIn Company Pages and will help you get started with adding and removing admins for your LinkedIn company page.
How to Add an Admin to your Organisation’s LinkedIn Company Page
- Sign in to your Page admin centre. Here’s how.
- In admin view, click the Admin tools dropdown at the top of the page and select Page admins.
3. To add a new admin: Select the type of admin you want to add on the left rail of the Manage admins modal.
4. Type the name of the member you’d like to add in the Add new admin by name… text field. Click Save changes.
Please note: You must be a Company Page administrator in order to add other administrators, and you must visit LinkedIn.com from your desktop and go to the Company or Showcase Page to make admin changes.
How to Remove an Admin from your Organisation’s LinkedIn Company Page
1. Click the Company Page you want to edit from the Manage your pages section on the right by moving your cursor to Me on your LinkedIn home page and under the MANAGE section, below the job postings, choose the Company Page you wish to remove an admin from.
2. In admin view click the Admin tools dropdown at the top of the page and select Page admins (see the first photo in the section above).
3. To remove an admin: Find the admin you want to remove and click the Remove Admin option to the right of their name (see the second photo in the section above).
4. Click Save changes and the Admin will be removed.
Please note – if you’re reading this and are having problems accessing your organisation’s LinkedIn company page and don’t know who your organisation’s admin is (a common problem), please contact me and I can share the experience of clients who’ve managed to gain access to a company page that was auto generated by LinkedIn.
As one of Asia Pacific’s Top 10 LinkedIn Experts I share fortnightly news with my global email community and run monthly online Lunch and Learns to teach professionals how to unlock LinkedIn. Sign up to my newsletter to help you learn LinkedIn – the right way!